I have been distracted with other things lately and not done much photography. Certainly this occasional blog has become a little too occasional. Some catching up to do. A case in point being the mini points of view held by the Abbey-Horizons group (a photo group in search of a better name). I had a very enjoyable evening back in June doing the shoot. Sadly though, due to other commitments, I couldn't attend the judging evening the week before last. So I thought I should post my efforts here.
The rules for the night were same as the real Points of View competition. A set time inside a set area to take photos to a set brief. In this mini version we had 3 hours, 5 subjects and a good portion of Cambridge to play with.
The briefs were:
1. Vehicle - "Not necessarily a picture of a bus, car, bike, etc, but one where at least part of a vehicle contributes substantially."
2. Vibrant Colour - "Any colour(s). Any subject."
3. From a Low Viewpoint - "Where the impact is dependent on the viewpoint."
4. Window(s) - "Through it, reflected from it, a feature of it etc. Any way you like."
5. Free Style - "For those adverse to a prescriptive approach."