Friday 4 December 2009

Vintage Car Hill Climb

I have finally processed some pictures from the trip to the Lake District at the start of November, when a few of us stayed at the Blencathra Field Centre. On a wet Saturday (although not as wet as it got later that month in the Lakes) we watched a hill climb event organised by the Vintage Sports-Car Club at Honister Slate Mine. I managed to get some good shots, despite having to hide my camera under my coat between car runs to protect it from the rain.

I was originally going to turn these pictures into gritty monochromes. However, I am currently trying the Beta version of Lightroom 3, and started playing with some of the conversion presets. In the end I used the 'aged photo' preset. I really like the effect it has given and think it suits the subject matter.








No comments:

Post a Comment