Friday 5 February 2010

Lambeth Bridge

I have an ongoing project to photograph the Thames bridges, from Kew to Tower bridge, by night.

It is a rather slow going project because:
- I don't get into London that often.
- Not every night I am there is right for photography
- I can usually only do one bridge a night
- It can take several visits to get the shot I want.

Since, I was in Town last Saturday, I naturally wanted to bag another bridge. I had intended to photograph Westminster Bridge, and had even pre-planned several shots. Unfortunately, when I got there, I found that end of the Parliament next to Westminster Bridge was covered in scaffolding and plastic. This ruined the shots I had planned. It was time to find another bridge. Fast.

So I moved onto Lambeth Bridge. Frankly, it's not the most exciting bridge on the Thames. And with the sun nearly down I didn't have much time to find an interesting angle. Still I managed a couple of images for the collection.


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you can read the "Waterloo 507" at the end of the light trail on that last one :-)

    ReplyDelete