Sunday 30 May 2010

Elephant Parade - London

Currently in London there is a huge public art exibition, called the Elephant Parade. 258 model elephants have been individually designed and painted by artists, designers and celebrities and spread across the capital. The aim is to raise funds and awareness for the endangered Asian elephant. The elephants are proving to be hugely popular with Londerners and tourists, and quite a few photographers seem to be doing projects based around them.

Having come across them by accident last weekend whilst in town for my birthday, I have decided to do my own elephant mini project. In my case I have decided to shoot all the images using my 10-20mm ultra wide angle lens. The aim is not just to show the beautiful elephant statues, but also the context of their settings. Besides, I have a new toy and want to play with it. This is a very limited time project. On 23 June all of the elephants will be moved from their current locations to the Chelsea Royal Hospital for a grand viewing prior to their auction on 3 July.

No comments:

Post a Comment