Monday 31 December 2012

Ilfracombe and Verity

The day after Boxing Day, I met up with Vic and we headed to Ilfracombe.  We chose it for a few reasons.  Firstly, it wasn't flooded, second, there is always something to shoot at a harbour and finally it has the added attraction of Verity, the Damien Hurst statue currently on loan to the town.  Photographing 'other people's art' is always tricky, and frankly Verity wasn't looking at her best, surrounded as she was by some harbour wall repair work.  The sun, that had been absent all week, also made a harsh appearance.  I tried some close-ups, some medium shots and a few distance pictures.  I even tried contra-jour.  Nothing really worked for me.



Eventually, I got bored at went in search of detail photos.











No comments:

Post a Comment