Wednesday 20 February 2013

Snowdrops at Benington

On Saturday I took a trip to Benington in Hertfordshire to photograph snowdrops.  Benington Lordship  Gardens boosts a large collection of snowdrops and is one of the best places in the region to view them at this time of year.  But that was not what drew me there.  Next to the the house and gardens is St Peters Church, whose churchyard also has a in impressive display of snowdrops amongst the headstones.  It had been a few years since I had last visited.  Not since I had acquired my Sigma 10-20 wide angle lens.  So I was keen to use this for some shots of the flowers against a background of the old stones.  The original plan was to spend some time in the churchyard and then visit the gardens, but in the end I spent so long in the former, it wasn't worth heading into the latter.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment