Tuesday 9 December 2014

Samba Band

On Saturday I went to the Mill Road Winter Fair in Cambridge.  As much as I enjoy street photography, when big crowds are involved, I often struggle to find good images.  It can be difficult to separate individuals from the numbers that surround them.  This time was no exception, and I had taken very few shots before I encountered the Samba band.  After watching them for a while, and taking a few straight pictures, I felt my images weren't successfully capturing the vibrance and mood of their performance.  So I chose instead to take some intentionally blurred images.  These I feel better capture the spirit of the performance.


 




1 comment:

  1. I agree Paul, very dynamic portrayal of the band, I like 3, 4 and 6 particularly, where faces are still visible....

    ReplyDelete