Tuesday 19 June 2018

Dorset by Hipstamatic

I just got back from a week in the west country.  I spent the first couple of days with other CCC members at Higher Kingcombe Lodge, followed by 3 days in Swanage, finishing up the week seeing a friend in Devon.  Lots of images taken with my Canon, but not yet processed. However, I can show some images taken with my iPhone.

After a couple of talks on mobile phone photography at the club, I recently started using the Hipstamatic app on my iPhone. This mimics various analogue films and lenses.  Changing the 'lens' and 'film' gives a totally different look to the final image.  It is a camera app rather than a post production app, since the lens and film must be selected before image capture and the effects are applied as the image is taken.  There are dozens of films and lenses that can be purchased in addition to the basic app. This means it's not a cheap app if you start getting into it.

Below are a selection of images I have taken with Hipstamatic during my travels through Dorset.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment