Wednesday 24 April 2019

Gamlingay Wood

On Saturday morning I visited Gamlingay Wood.  There were some much denser patches of bluebells there than at Waresley.  When I arrived the sun was still low enough to cast strong shadows of the trees. I really liked the lead lines this gave. 

After the sun climbed a little higher I tried a few more creative shots.  Firstly some intention camera movement.  I didn't want to include too much movement, as this just turns the trees and flowers into a bar-code.  Instead, I wanted just enough blur to give the scene an impressionistic feel.  Finally, I tried some in-camera double exposures.  These kind of shots can be 'pot-luck', and for this scene I didn't think they were that successful.  However, I did quite like the ghostly trees in the final image.


 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment