Friday 27 March 2020

Bude Sea Pool

These images were taken at the start of the month, before all the current restrictions.

I was in Devon for a few days visiting my friend Vic.  Sea pools always make good subjects for long exposure and we knew there was a good example in Bude, so that was the first mission.  We were on site a few hours before high tide and were able to track the tide as it came in and topped the pool.

We had chosen a day of 'challenging' weather, a strong, and frankly bitter, wind with alternating sun and 'sharp' showers.  Despite doing my best to hold down my tripod, the wind proved too much for most the of the >30 second exposures.  I had a lot more success with exposures of around 1 to 2 seconds.  I particularly enjoyed capturing the movement of the water over the broad pool wall.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment