Sunday 9 May 2021

Gamsey Wood

In recent years, all of my bluebell shots have either come from Waresley Wood or Brampton Wood.  This year a colleague told me about Gamsey Wood, near Ramsey. Like Waresley or Brampton, this is a BCN Wildlife Trust wood, but a rarely visited one.  Probably because it is tucked away behind a farm, with no obvious parking  I was there all of a Sunday morning and didn't see another person.  The wood itself is small, with one main looping path.  There was a good showing of bluebells, without too much clutter getting in the way, but it lacks the variety of other spring flowers that can found in some of the local woods.  

I tried a few focus stacked close-ups.  Although not perfect, I am quite pleased with the single bell.  I didn't notice the spider on the second bluebell until I was reviewing the images at home.


No comments:

Post a Comment