Sunday 12 June 2022

Dundee - In The Blue Hour

Here come the inevitable night shots.  I only had three nights in Dundee and the first wasn't that great, so with only two brief blue hours to play with, I pretty much stuck to the star of the trip.  I did venture down the waterfront to see what else I could find.  There was a lovely cobbled street that I had been planning to shoot once the street lamps were on.  I was surprised and disappointed when I walked down to it and they weren't lit.  I was even more surprised when I looked the next day and found the lamps didn't have any bulbs!  Fortunately the picture of some kind of rig in the commercial port made it worth the walk.  I like the harmony of the blues and yellows.  But my favourite shot is the other blue and yellow one at the bottom.  The steel structure was covering a children's play area and, once viewed from far enough back, was in the shape of a whale.  Here I have exaggerated it with a wide-angle lens.




No comments:

Post a Comment