Thursday 4 May 2023

Gamsey Wood - Multiple Exposure

Gamsey Wood is a little BCN Wildlife Trust wood between Ramsey and Sawtry.  It is not well known and access is via a farm (which seems wrong as you are doing it). Consequently, it is extremely quiet.  I visited in the afternoon on May Day, when the likes of Brampton and Waresley woods would have been heaving with people.  I didn't see a soul.  The downside is the amount of undergrowth.  There were a few nice patches of bluebells, but in much of the wood they were being choked out by cleavers.

There was enough good patches for what I wanted to do, which was in-camera multiple exposure.  The images below are 8 shot multiples, with slight movement between shots.  For some of the shots I also tilted the camera down a little during exposure.  I know this kind of image doesn't appeal to everyone.  Those who hate them included all three selectors for this years exhibition.  But I like the impressionistic result.





No comments:

Post a Comment