Friday 25 March 2011

Moonlight Photography At The American Cemetery

Since hearing David Clapp speak at the club early in the season, I have been keen to have a go at moonlight photography. The trouble has been getting a good clear night on the full moon, when I wasn't busy with other things. Saturday night gave such an opportunity. Added to this it wasn't just any full moon, it was a super-moon. So after the Annual Print competition, I headed to the American Cemetery.


All of these images were shot at f8 and ISO800, giving me 30 second exposures. Autofocus was impossible so I switched to manual, set the focus to infinity and hoped. Next time I might try using a spotlight to allow the autofocus to work before switching to manual. The images were also a little under exposed and very noisy. Capture One and Noiseware have cleaned up the noise but taken too much out of the grass. More practice needed methinks.


1 comment:

  1. Like the second one leading to the tree on the upper left third.

    ReplyDelete