Monday 7 May 2012

Gamlingay Wood

After the near non-stop rain of the last two weeks, this weekend it finally stopped long enough to allow me to return to the woods in search of spring flowers.  First off, Gamlingay Woods.  Naturally, after all that rain conditions were rather muddy.  On a muddiness scale, I would put it somewhere between Glastonbury and Passchendaele. 

There were good patches of bluebells, still at their best, but they are starting to get lost amongst the ground cover and the leaf canopy is beginning to close over them.  I didn't see a huge variety of other flowers.  There was some Yellow Archangel, but every previous time I have tried to get a pleasing photo of this, I have failed, and this time was just the same.  Fortunately, there is always a bug or two if you look hard enough.






No comments:

Post a Comment