Thursday 2 May 2013

Pasque Flowers - Therfield Heath

As usual, I am behind in my blog updates.  These images were taken last week, when I took a day off work to photograph some spring flowers whilst they were still at their best.  I started off at Therfield Heath, near Royston to shoot the Pasque flowers.  I had been told that it was the best showing of these rare flowers seen there in 20 years.  It was certainly an impressive display, covering the chalk hillside.  It was a bright but also a rather windy day, making macro work rather tricky.  The combination of sun and cooling breeze, together with spending 4 hours facing the same way on a hillside, waiting for lulls in the wind for the flowers to stop shaking, also left me with a truckers tan down the left side of my face.  How I suffer for my art.









No comments:

Post a Comment