Monday 28 July 2014

Lensbaby Practice

For my birthday, back in May, I was given a Lensbaby.  I have been playing with it since then with limited success.  For those of you who haven't seen one, a Lensbaby is a fully manual creative lens that has a single 'sweet spot' of sharp focus, with the remainder of the field of view being out of focus.  By bending the lens, the 'sweet spot' can be moved to any point within the field of view.  There are a number of different versions.  I have the Composer, which allows the depth of filed to be altered by use of a series of different sized drop-in rings.  Whilst I like the effects this lens can achieve, I am finding that it comes with a steep learning curve.  Focussing is tricky, especially when you start moving the 'sweet spot' off centre.  It is very easy to move it too far and find that you have missed the focal point you wanted.  Currently, I am deleting far more images that I am keeping.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment