Sunday 31 January 2016

CCC: Start to Finish Day

Today I took part in a very enjoyable 'start to finish day', ably organised by CCC President Sylvie, at her home in Newport.  The aim was to take some photos and process them to final images on site.  Sadly, a lack of portable computing power stopped me from doing this exactly, but I am keeping to the spirit of the event by bloging about it on the same day.

The weather was not kind, with a wet morning and overcast afternoon.  Luckily, Sylvie has access to some superb old glasshouses.  So, after a mild soaking exploring the gardens, I spent much of the day inside these.  One of the aims of the day was to explore more creative techniques.  After trying a couple of different things that weren't working for me, I settled on using my Lensbaby.  I felt that the vaguely dreamy quality that this lens can impart worked well with the old glasshouses.  A slight desaturation of the resultant images also seem to fit the setting.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment