Thursday 28 January 2016

London Lumiere Festival

Recently, the Lumiere Festival took place in London.  30 locations across Mayfair, King's Cross, Piccadilly, Regent Street, Trafalgar Square and Westminster featured light installations over 4 nights.  With hindsight, choosing to visit on the Saturday night wasn't the wisest decision.  But, that was the only night I had, and I thought to myself; it'll be busy, but not that bad.  Turns out it got very busy indeed.  Not quite New Year's Eve busy, but not that far off.  I managed to get to Trafalgar and Leicester Squares, but gave up on the other West-end sites, due to the tide of humanity standing in my way.  I got to a (relatively) quieter Westminster Abbey, before heading to King's Cross.  At King's Cross I particularly enjoyed an installation that projected colours onto the crowd.  But not long after that it started to rain and I headed for home. 


 







No comments:

Post a Comment