Friday 14 October 2016

Granchester

A couple of weeks ago, it was the annual CCC 'Points of View' competition.  Usual rules, a set area and 5 photographic themes to shoot in a set time.  This year the location was Grantchester.  The themes were 'Movement', 'River', 'Three', 'People' and '1912'.  As usual I concentrated too much on a couple of themes at the expense of the others.  I ended up with little of use for 'Movement', or 'River', or 'People'.  I did okay on 'Three' though.

The definition of 1912 was an image that could have been taken in the year that Rupert Brooke’s Grantchester poem was written.  For this I tried using an Holga Pinhole lens, that I bought a while ago and haven't played with much.  The resultant image overshot the target a little and looked more like 1862.

In the end I didn't have enough to enter.  But I had a good day out, fitting in lunch at the Orchard and a pint at the Red Lion. So, here are a selection of my images from the day.  Some of them even fit a theme.




No comments:

Post a Comment