Friday 30 August 2019

Surrey Sculpture Park - Infrared

The Sculpture Park is a large collection of sculptures, almost all of which are for sale, located in an arboretum near Godalming in Surrey.  One of its big attractions is the clever and sympathetic locating of the sculptures within the site.

I have been here before, a couple of years ago, but after my original bank holiday Saturday plans fell through, I thought it was time for another visit,  The advantage of a selling exhibition is that it does change over time, and some of the notable pieces from last time had gone (like the driftwood dragon that cost more than my house).  Of course many were the same.  And whilst it was spring last time and summer this, the trees had the same full green leaf.  So there was the danger of getting the same kind of image.  If only I had some way of doing something different with all that green...something I didn't have last time...wait a minute...I do!  And after that, the day wrote itself.  That's the thing when you have a shiny new hammer.  Every problem looks like a nail.








No comments:

Post a Comment