Friday 19 October 2012

Wire Wool Spinning

Last weekend I got back from a holiday in the far west of Cornwall.  I had spent a week based in Sennen, with my long time hillwalking/photography/drinking buddy Vic and some of his new friends from the Preston Photographic Society.  The weather was mixed, with a fair amount of rain.  But we managed to get out and take pictures every day (between pasties and pints of Tribute).

Regular readers of this blog will know that I am always a few days behind in posting about even an afternoon's shoot.  This is largely due to the amount of time it takes me to sort through the pictures, picking the wheat from the chaff.  I have spent the last week slowly sorting through the hundreds of images I shot in Cornwall and will post a few updates over the coming days.

Starting with something different.  One of the Preston guys had experience of wire wool spinning and the rest of us were keen to try it out.  We only managed a couple of evenings with weather good enough to try.

First we did some shots amongst the tin mine workings at Botallack.  We found an old stone archway that made a great frame.



But sadly, after only a few shots, the rain came in again.  So we tried again the next night on the beach just below our cottage.  The rippled wet sand made an interesting base to the images.








No comments:

Post a Comment